Snapchat, being one of the most popular social networks and social media marketing platform it has many features like self-destroying photo shares and other advantages. It has got many users and a large quantity of data is being transferred every day. So Snapchat users have been recently reporting about Snapchat crashing on their iPhone. This can be very annoying to daily users and needs to be fixed at the earliest.
In this article, I am going to show you the best possible ways by which you can fix the Snapchat crashing and continue using it without any inconvenience.
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a multimedia social networking app. Created by Evan Spiegel and his fellow mates, Snapchat became very popular due to its unique feature where the messages would be available to the recipients for a short duration of time. The app has evolved from originally focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to presently featuring users’ “Stories” that stay up till 24 hours. Snapchat emphasis on users interacting with virtual stickers and augmented reality objects which make it interesting to use.
What causes Snapchat crashes?
It may not be Snapchat that is to blame every time, iOS system issues and other problems can also cause these annoying crashes. Other reasons that can cause the crashes are
- Memory failure– Having low memory leads to the crashing of the app as the system can’t load the app in the given space.
- Malware– Having malware in your system can also cause crashes.
- Faulty updates– Having faulty updates in your system can also be the reason for the frequent crashes.
How to fix Snapchat crashing?
So here, I will be guiding you through the methods by which you can fix the crashing of your Snapchat application on your iOS system.
1. Reboot Snapchat
The very first thing that a normal user can do to fix the crashing of Snapchat is to reboot the app and check if it is fixed. If it doesn’t work, then probably you need to restart your phone to get ht error fixed. try restarting and check if it’s fixed.
2. Clear Cache and restart
Sometimes due to data corruption inside the Snapchat app, it can cause frequent crashes in the system. So clearing the data of the app will likely fix the issues of crashing. To do so, follow the steps
- Go to Settings in My profile on your iOS device.
- Tap the Clear Cache option under the Account Actions. Then, tap on Clear Memories Cache and choose Clear.
3. Reconnect to network
Online apps tend to produce errors when they don’t get a stable connection. So restarting the wifi network or mobile data can fix the crashes.
- Tap on Settings
- Go to Wi-fi
- Turn of Wifi connection for like 1 minute.
- Then turn it on again and check if the app crashes
Note: Alternatively, you can open the Control Center and then tap the Wi-Fi icon to turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
Also, you can turn on airplane mode to disconnect the network. This will help refresh your Internet connection and clears minor errors that might have caused your Internet to keep dropping. After some time, reconnect to the network and check if the crash is fixed.
4. Update Snapchat
Some versions of Snapchat can also cause these crashes due to some bugs in them So updating the app can fix the crashing problem. It is recommended that you uninstall the Snapchat app from your system and then re-install the app again from the App Store. To do so, follow these steps
- Tap and hold on the Snapchat icon from the Home screen.
- When icons start to jiggle, tap the X in the left corner of the Snapchat app. Doing this will delete or uninstall the app from your iPhone.
- Tap Delete to confirm the action.
- Now since your app is uninstalled, go to App Store and type Snapchat in the Search box
- Install Snapchat and then restart your device
- The crash error should be fixed and you can use Snapchat without any inconvenience.
5. Using TuneKit iOS system recovery
Note: For this method, you will need a working PC for your phone to connect to.
The TuneKit iOS system recovery is a software that can delete the cause of the crashes of Snapchat. It is a repairing tool that can repair more than 30+ issues of your iOS device. It is a completely safe process so you don’t need to worry about any data loss.
The steps to use the TuneKit are given below-
- Download the TuneKit from the link TuneKit and install it on your PC.
- After installation, open the software and connect your iPhone using a USB cable.
- After it has detected your device, click on the Enter Recovery Mode option on the TuneKit.
- Now, a new window will appear. Select the Standard Mode and click on Next
- The standard mode preserves your data and tries to resolve the problems that you are facing like the app crashes, but the Advanced Mode will repair any error regardless of data preservation.
- Now in this Windows, you will be asked to confirm your Device model and device info correctly. After doing so, download the firmware package that matches the device and click on the Repair button.
- This will get your iOS device rid of the Snapchat crashes.
These are the best possible ways in which you can fix the Snapchat crashing error on your iOS device. I hope you were able to clearly understand and perform the steps to fix the error.
If the problem isn’t resolved or you are facing difficulty in understanding or performing any of the steps, feel free to comment down below.