Another day, another issue with Window 10; Don’t worry you are in right place we have solutions for all Windows 10 related problems. As per the latest report, Windows 10 active users have risen to 600 million users making it most successful operating system. Some users have reported a problem that Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10 which might not seem like a critical issue to some Windows users. But if you are a pedantic guy like us and like things organized in a certain way. This article is for you.
The battery icon is located in the taskbar in Windows. It shows information such as how much battery is remaining (hover your mouse pointer over battery icon) in your device, also shows if the device is being charged (plugged in) and if yes what amount of time it will take to completely charge the Windows 10 device. This guide will help you restore the battery icon missing error in Windows.
How to Restore Battery Icon Missing in Windows 10
For all the steps mentioned below, please follow them in the mentioned order as it important to do so. Let us diagnose your Battery Icon Missing problem to give you the precise solution you need. Identify your situation:
A. Battery icon stopped showing abruptly
B. Show battery icon for the first time
If your situation is A, then we would suggest you restart your computer before proceeding further and check if battery icon is showing. If Yes then Kudos!, this happened because the computer is functioning for long duration or when CPU extensive programs run on your Windows 10.
Situation B guys, the solution is very simple; Just enable Battery icon or Power Icon from Settings. Detailed information is provided in the next section in simple steps. Also, check if battery icon is not under ‘Show hidden icons‘ (‘ ^ ‘ caret symbol) located in the taskbar. In case you find it there just drag the battery icon and place it on the right side of the taskbar.
Enable Battery Icon
This step is for both situation A & B guys. Check if Battery Icon is enabled in the settings. If it is disabled, the battery icon will not appear. Do NOT skip this step.
1. Go to Settings in Windows 10. Press Windows key + I from your keyboard or click Start(Windows) icon located in the taskbar and then click on Settings or Just search ‘Setting’ in the taskbar.
2. Locate ‘Personalization’ and click on it. Navigate to ‘Taskbar’ which should be located on the left side of the screen.
3. Click on ‘Turn system icons on or off ‘. In the next corresponding section, ensure that ‘Power‘ is turned on. If not, enable it by click on the button beside Power.
4. Navigate back to Personalization. Click on ‘Select which icons appear on the taskbar’ to check if battery icon is selected. If not, then select Power by clicking on the button beside it.
This should definitely fix Battery icon not showing issue in your Windows 10 computer. In case not, do not worry we have got few more tricks in our sleeves.
Restore Disappeared Battery Icon using Windows Explorer
In this method, you have to restart Windows Explorer which will eventually redraw (refresh) all icons on your Desktop. This should bring back the Missing Battery Icon in Windows 10.
1. Open ‘Taskbar’. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc from your keyboard or click Start(Windows) icon located in the taskbar and then click on Task Manager or Just search ‘Task Manager’ in the taskbar.
2. A popup window will appear; Navigate to ‘Process ‘ tab located near the top. Locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it. A menu will appear; Click on ‘Restart’. That’s it!
Update your computer to get Battery Icon in your Taskbar
If there is a pending update or last updates were not installed properly on your Windows 10 device. This step is most simple to follow as you have to update your laptop. Also, check for any updates for your device.[Skip this step if the device is up to date]
1. Open Settings. Navigate to Update and click it. Next, click on ‘check for updates’. Install all the updates.
If till now, nothing worked for your device. There could be some problem with drivers related to the battery. The drivers we are interested in is called ‘Microsoft AC Adapter’ and ‘Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery’. These drivers are related to battery and can be easily located under the Battery section in Device Manager.
1. Open Device Manager. Search ‘Device Manager’ in the taskbar or right-click on Start (windows) icon located and select Device Manager from the menu.
2. A new window will be opened. Locate battery and click it. Now, you will see battery drivers (Note: drivers name could be different from drivers mentioned above or shown in the image, just follow the steps mentioned below and you are good to go. But, make sure you have clicked on Battery).
3. Select the first driver, click it; A menu will appear, click on ‘disable’.This will disable the driver it. And again click on the same driver to Enable it. Repeat this for the other driver. ***Note:- Do not forget to enable the driver or otherwise your laptop battery will not work ***
4. After enabling both drivers in the last step. Navigate to Action located in the menubar and click on ‘Scan for changes’. After completion of scan restart your computer manually for changes to take effect.
This is the last option to recover or restore missing Battery Icon from Taskbar of Windows 10 and even Windows 8 or 7. This method shall also work if your Battery Icon is Greyed out.
This guide should fix battery icon missing problem in Windows 10.
Note:- Not all Windows 10 laptops face this problem. There are other alternatives such as updating BIOS or running DISM from the command prompt but they require advanced knowledge of Computer Science and can corrupt your system if done wrong.
In Device Manager step, one has to be very careful while disabling and enabling the drivers. Don’t forget to give your favorite Windows machine some rest once in a while as overheating can cause a lot more problem than battery icon disappearing. Hope! this article was useful support Paperwriting!