The rise in technology has made teaching much easier than before. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, online teaching wasn’t a thing. But it has now become important for all the students and teachers as schools and colleges have been shut down. It is a great way of teaching and interacting with students.
However, students face problems like lack of concentration, attention, and focus during online classes. As a result, teachers also find it difficult to have a productive interaction with the students.
So, what can you do? It is essential to understand the basic solutions to these problems. If you are wondering how you can make online studying interesting, you are in the right place. In this article, we will provide you some tips on improving online teaching.
Are you a student and looking for a perfect teacher to clear your doubts regarding a particular subject? You don’t need to worry anymore. The Edutized is a great platform for students who are struggling to understand a particular subject. You can also find solutions to the questions you want to ask.
What are the tips to make online classes fun?
Turn your Camera On
If you want a good interaction with the students, you must turn your front camera on. All the students might want to know a little bit about you. By showing your face, you can engage with them in a better way. Productive discussions can only take place when you talk to the children as if they are attending a manual class, not an online class.
You need to keep some things in mind before turning on your camera
- Check whether the background is suitable or not, otherwise, it will become a source of distraction for the students.
- Take care of the lightning because they might not be able to see you.
- Always sit in a comfortable position. You should not be too close or far from the camera.
- There should not be anything that might disturb the whole class.
Set up goals
The first thing you should do before organizing online classes is to set up your goals regarding teaching them a particular subject or topic. In this way, you will manage the whole class properly. You should be clear about the topic you are going to teach them in one day. Planning is an effective way to improve the quality of online classes. It will help the students learn the subject quickly.
You can also plan for interesting activities like playing games, quizzes and giving rewards to the students. It will make them happy and satisfied with the kind of teaching you are providing. They will also be motivated to attend the next class.
Use Videos and Images
Using videos and images while teaching a lesson will not only entertain the students, but they will also be able to understand the concepts in a better way. Sometimes, teaching a complex lesson to the children is hard because they get bored easily. You can make use of informative videos and images related to that particular lesson and show them to the students during the class.
You get so many options with video calling apps. These options will help you in many ways to make your classes fun and less boring.
Try unique things
Trying out different and unique things might enhance the quality of interactive sessions with the students. You can play music to make the students enjoy learning. Playing drawing games is another idea to collaborate with the children. If you are hesitant about an idea, you can implement it first to find out how many children enjoying it. Then decide whether to make it a regular activity or not.
A little fun environment is necessary to keep the children attentive throughout the class. You can make a list of the ideas and try them one by one.
Change the Tone of Your Voice
Before teaching the students in an online class, you should practice changing the tone of your voice. Children prefer learning a topic in the story form, so, you should improve your storytelling skills first.
Set up Rules and regulations- For a successful online class, one must set up some rules and regulations to ensure discipline in the class. In this way, you can handle the class properly and cover all the topics you want to discuss with them without any distraction. Students get a lot of options to communicate with the teacher online, so there should be strict rules to avoid any issues.
You can keep your students motivated by giving them awards for maintaining discipline in the class.
Feedback is necessary
After an online class, a teacher should ask students for feedback. Feedback is necessary because it will help you enhance the quality of your classes. You will understand what kind of activities children want in the video classes.
So, these are some of the most essential tips for creating interesting online classes. Now, we will discuss some benefits of the same.
Benefits of Online Teaching
- You can communicate with the children from anywhere and also assign them tasks through video classes. All you need is a device and a stable internet connection.
- Productive discussions can take place because students will be more confident while answering the questions in the class. There will be an increase in the participation of students in a discussion.
- The students can completely understand the lectures by the teacher because they can ask their doubts in the chatbox.
- Online studying gives more time to the children to think and analyze the lessons before sharing their ideas and thoughts. It will enhance their overall performance as well as skills.
- With online teaching, students can get their study material through emails. So, they don’t need to write the notes as everything will be in digital form.
- Playing different games along with studying can be possible only through video classes. It is a great way to teach and entertain the children
- Students who miss their lectures have the option to get the recordings. As a result, it will not disturb their studies.
To sum up, we would like to say that there are many ways to improve online studying. It is important to take care of the needs and demands of the children. In this article, we provided some of the tips to create fun online classes. We hope that these tips will help you in creating interesting and interactive online classes. You need to be patient to get the desired results.